Pricing Your Home to Sell
The Dangers of Overpricing
- Few buyers are attracted, and fewer offers received.
- Marketing time is prolonged, and initial marketing momentum is lost.
- The property attracts “lookers” and helps competing houses look better by comparison.
- If a property does sell above true market value, it may not appraise, and the buyers may be able to secure a loan.
- The property may eventually sell below market value.
Find Your Home's Value*Source: National Association of REALTORS@reg Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers 2011. Due to rounding, percentage distruction may not add to 100%